The REFUGES Bridge Program supports students as they transition to the University of Utah by providing a variety of experiences and activities in a small group setting.
During the Summer before Freshman year, students will:
- Attend REFUGES orientation on May 11
- Attend University of Utah orientation events in June
- Live on-campus in the student dormitories for 7 weeks (June 17 – August 2, 2019)
- Complete two, for-credit courses that count towards University of Utah undergraduate degree requirements and prepare students for success in STEM: MATH 1010 or MATH 1050 (College Algebra) and LEAP 1100. MATH 1050 and LEAP 1100 courses will fulfill one quantitative reasoning requirement, one humanities requirement, and the diversity requirement
- Participate in weekly social activities and/or group seminars
- Receive a $1,000 cash award, free tuition, and free housing a meals for Summer 2018
- Receive cost of tuition for LEAP 1101 class in Fall 2019
During Fall and Spring Semesters of Freshman year, students will:
- Participate in LEAP 1101 in Fall 2019
- Be invited to attend group social activities and/or seminars each semester
- Receive regular check-ins from the REFUGES Academic Coordinator
- Receive assistance in identifying on-campus opportunities
Students applying to our program are required to obtain two letters of recommendation from teachers. Please submit your letter, using our online form (below), at your earliest convenience. Letters must be received by April 15, 2019!
Questions? Contact email@example.com