Student Application for Fall 2019 will open in February 2019
Before applying for an LA position, please review the information on the LA program page.
LAs will work up to 10 hrs/week and are paid $11 per hour. LAs will:
- Be a part of the instructional team in courses which actively engage students
- Facilitate small group discussions among students
- Assist learners rather than teachers (LAs do not grade)
- Meet with their instructional team (instructor, TAs, LAs) weekly
- Enroll in SCI 5050 – The Science of Learning. The LA program will cover the cost of tuition for this course.
LAs will be selected based on merit, demonstrated skill and/or interest in teaching, and schedule availability.
- Obtain a recommendation from a faculty member via the online form available here: csme.utah.edu/la/rec
(If you have previously taken SCI 5050, you do NOT need to obtain a faculty recommendation).
2. Complete the student application form.
The application is lengthy, and requires information from your transcripts. The application asks for the following information:
- Contact information
- Major, GPA, and anticipated graduation date
- An explanation of your interest in being an LA
- Previous experience teaching, tutoring, or mentoring others
- A statement about the unique qualities, skills and experiences you can bring to the LA program
- Previous courses taken
- Schedule availability
- Name and contact information of the faculty member who will submit a recommendation form on your behalf.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.