College of Science Internship Program
Internships are a great way to gain skills and experience, learn about a possible future career, and network. Because of the increasing importance of internships, we created the College of Science Internship Program. The CoS Internship Program is designed to connect students and employers for internships and to provide internship support and recognition.
There are a couple of different ways that you can participate in the CoS Internship Program:
- Track A– this track allows you to apply to a facilitated program and select any of the participating employers you would like to be considered for all in one application. It includes an orientation, a final symposium, and assistance throughout your internship experience.
- Track B– this track allows you to find your own internship, but still be a part of the CoS Internship Community. There are different ways to engage, so you can choose how much support you need and decide how much involvement with the program works best for you.
For more information on both tracks, finding an internship, earning credit for your internship, and additional resources, see below or contact email@example.com.
Track A Spring 2020 semester-based program dates
- January 12, 2020: Student application cycle closes (end of day)
- January 14, 2020: Employers receive prescreened student applications and begin making selections
- February 4, 2020: Deadline for employers to make hiring decisions
- February 7, 2020: Mandatory job-readiness orientation at the UofU for students who have accepted internship offers (this event is for students only)
- February 10, 2020: Internships begin (start date varies by employer)
- April 22, 2020: Mandatory symposium at the UofU for students in the Spring program; program ends. (Employers may choose to offer internships that extend beyond this date)
Track A Summer 2020 semester-based program dates
- February 10, 2020: Student application cycle opens
- March 31, 2020: Employer application cycle closes
- April 7, 2020: Student application cycle closes
- April 9, 2020: Employers receive prescreened student applications and begin making selections
- May 8, 2020: Deadline for employers to make hiring decisions
- May 15, 2020: Mandatory job-readiness orientation at the UofU for students who have accepted internship offers (this event is for students only)
- May 18, 2020: Internships begin (start date varies by employer)
- July 29, 2020: Mandatory symposium at the UofU for students in the Summer program; program ends. (Employers may choose to offer internships that extend beyond this date).
Additional Internship Resources:
AtlasRTX * BioFire Diagnostics * Bureau of Land Management * Chemtech-Ford Laboratories * Clark Planetarium * Dark Sky SLC * Discovery Gateway * Echelon Biosciences * HawkWatch International * HEAL Utah * Hogle Zoo * Huntsman Cancer Institute * IM Flash * JBR Clinical Research * Loveland Living Planet Aquarium * The Leonardo * Momentum Recycling * Natural History Museum of Utah * PEGUS Research. *. Red Butte Garden * Salt Lake City Corporation Open Space Program * Salt Lake City Mosquito Abatement District * Salt Lake County Open Space * Salt Lake County Weed Control * Sierra Club * STEM Action Center * Teva Pharmaceuticals * Tracy Aviary * TreeUtah * UofU Athletics Department * UofU INSPIRE Program * UofU STEMCAP Program *. UofU Project BioEYES * UofU STEM Ambassador Program * UofU Youth Education * Utah Community Action * Real Food Rising * Utah Department of Natural Resources Division of State Parks & Recreation OHV Program * Utah Department of Health Public Health Laboratories * Utah Division of Air Quality * Utah Rivers Council * Wild Utah Project*