CSME programs enhance K-12 teaching, engage K-12 students, and empower undergraduates. View our current programs below, or use the red buttons to view programs by category.
Complete Program List:
- College of Science Internship Program, administered by CSME, connects UofU undergraduate students with off-campus internship opportunities.
- CSME Exchange brown-bag seminars provide an informal setting for math and science faculty discussions about current issues in undergraduate education.
- Elementary STEM endorsement is offered for elementary teachers in partnership with the Urban Institute for Teacher Education and Granite and Salt Lake City school districts.
- Hugo Rossi Lectures explore contemporary issues in K-16 math and science education.
- Master of Science for Secondary School Teachers (MSSST) provides content-area training and research opportunities for licensed science teachers.
- REFUGES includes: 1) afterschool program for under-represented and refugee students in grades 7-12; 2) bridge program for incoming university minority, women, and refugee students.
- Salt Lake Valley Science & Engineering Fair (SLVSEF) is an annual competition for students in grades 5-12.
- Sports ‘n Science uses sports to generate interest in science among K-12 students.
- STEM Mentors are undergraduate students who receive science communication training and mentoring while they partner with K-12 teachers.
- Teacher Research Fellows participate in a workshop and a four-week lab or field experience working alongside a university faculty member.
- U-S2TEM, offered in partnership with the Global Change & Sustainability Center, provides undergraduates with scholarships, mentoring, and research opportunities.
- Workshop on Earth Science from Navajo and Western Perspectives provides an intensive, field-based experience for teachers.