Thank you for your interest in the University of Utah College of Science Internship Program. Before submitting an application, please review the Student Information page.
The application cycle for Summer 2017 internships has closed. Application instructions are included below for reference only. The Fall 2017 application will appear here in August.
- If you are an undergraduate UofU student with a College of Science major (biology, chemistry, physics, math), at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA, current matriculation status, and at least 30 completed credit hours, you are eligible to apply. (Transfer students: if you have questions about your eligibility, please contact us).
- Complete the application form below to apply to the College of Science Internship program. Applications must be received by 3/29/2017.
- Each student may only submit ONE application to the internship program during the application cycle. Your application will be considered by multiple employers if you so choose. You will indicate on your application the internship(s) for which you wish to be considered.
- Upload the following documents to your application: 1) your unofficial University of Utah transcript (if you transferred credit from another institution, attach unofficial transcripts from that institution as well); 2) your resume.
- Within your application, enter the text of your cover letter(s) for each position to which you are applying. We recommend drafting your cover letters in a separate document and pasting the text into the application. Please customize your cover letter for each position to explain your interest in the company/organization. Note that although you will submit a different cover letter for each position, the same resume will be used for each.
- Within your application, you will enter the contact information for two professional references. Employers will receive this information and are likely to contact your references; make sure the information is up to date.
- If you pass the initial screening process, your information will be forwarded to potential employers. They will receive the cover letter, resume, and reference list that you submit within this application. All documents that you upload/submit should be formal, professional, and free of grammatical errors and typos. Visit the Career Services website for tips on how to structure your resume and cover letter, or contact us. We are happy to proof-read your documents and provide feedback, if we receive your drafts at least one week before the application deadline.
Experiencing technical difficulties or have questions about the program/application? Contact us.