This is a mandatory event for all students with a Summer internship placement through the College of Science Internship Program. For more information, visit csme.utah.edu/internships or contact email@example.com.
The REFUGES Bridge Program, launched in 2013, is designed for incoming University of Utah freshmen who are interested in majoring in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) field. The program provides young people with a supportive peer group and a unique summer opportunity to live on campus, attend classes, and jumpstart their college experience. Students from underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
In 2017, REFUGES is working in collaboration with the LEAP program.
Students entering the REFUGES Bridge Program in Summer 2017 will:
- Attend University of Utah orientation events in May and June
- Live on-campus in the student dormitories for 7 weeks (June 12 – August 2, 2017)
- Complete two, for-credit courses that count towards University of Utah undergraduate degree requirements and prepare students for success in STEM: Math 1050 (College Algebra) and LEAP 1100 (Pre-STEM). These courses will fulfill one quantitative reasoning requirement, one humanities requirement, and the diversity requirement.
- Participate in weekly social activities and/or group seminars
- Receive a $1,000 cash award, free tuition, and free housing and meals for Summer 2017
- Receive continued support during Freshman year, including
- An opportunity to participate in additional LEAP courses and internship placements
- Invitations to attend group social activities and/or seminars
- Regular check-ins from the REFUGES Academic Coordinator
Applications are available at csme.utah.edu/2017bridge and are due April 1, 2017.
For additional information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org